Established in 2008, the Rio Grande Return is a non-profit 501(c)3 and LLC joint venture. Rio Grande Return LLC is in the process of developing some Rio Grande Return products to be sold in stores and on-line. All the profits from the sale of these products, along with tax deductible conservation donations, will go directly to the non-profit arm of the organization to support its mission of protecting and restoring the Rio Grande. The Rio Grande Return board of directors meets annually to ensure that all available funds are directed to projects that best fulfill it’s mission.
Detailed information about the organizations and projects funded by the Rio Grande Return can be found here.
RIO GRANDE RETURN MISSION
To provide support and funding to projects and initiatives in the Rio Grande watershed for the restoration and protection of the Rio Grande. We define restoration and protection in a broad sense as activities that:
- Improve water quality
- Enhance and restore riparian and aquatic habitats that sustain native plants and wildlife.
- Rehabilitate the hydrologic, hydraulic and geomorphic processes that shape the river corridor and support it’s functioning ecosystem.
- Enhance public access to, and the appreciation of, the Rio Grande and its unique ecosystem.
- That promote and protect traditional agricultural lands, farming practices, native seed.
- Help educate people about the importance of protecting the Rio Grande, it’s agricultural lands, and the cultures that have developed in relation to this historic river .
For more information, please contact us at:
Rio Grande Return
1704B Llano St. #347
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505